The Simplex Electra is a very large capacity, high performance Portable Load Bank designed to provide the manufacturers, distributors and users of large AC generators and UPS systems with sophisticated testing capability. Electra Load Banks feature digital controllers with network control and data acquisition capability. Operator interface is via touchscreen. Load control is via screen keypad. All electrical values display on the screen and are recorded by the system for future data retrieval. Any number of Electra and dynaMITE Load Banks can be combined for large system capacities and networked for central control and data acquisition.
The Electra Series comprises models rated 450-500-550-600-650-700kw of resistive load at both 240V and 480V, 3-phase. It can be applied at any AC voltage to 480V AC, 50-60 Hertz standard, single or 3-phase. Load step resolution is 5KW.
- UL File Number: E151624.
- Digital Control: PLC based control with 8-inch color TFT touchscreen interface. MODBUS over TCP/IP network communication.
- Instrumentation: Digital power transducer with built-in communication to digital controller. Data display on touchscreen. Data acquisition and recording.
- Load Elements: Simplex Powr-Web chromium alloy, open wire, continuously supported, power resistor.
- Load Control: 3-Pole magnetic contactors.
- Load Element Circuit Protection: Branch circuit fuses. One set of fuses each 50KW branch. Fuses are current limiting type, 200KAIC, 600V, enabling safe use on large generating or UPS system.
- Cooling System: Forced Air
- Malfunction Detection System: Protection against fan failure, high exhaust air temperature, high intake air temperature, overvoltage and fan reversal. Exhaust air temperature displays on screen.
- Control Power Supply: Dual voltage control power transformer with supply power switchable to internal (generator) or external.
- Touchscreen: Easily removable from panel.
- Control Wiring: 105°C, color coded.
- Power Wiring: 150°C XLP color-coded.
- Connection: Cam-type power connections.